• Discover what's new with the latest unofficial Kingdom Hearts III trailer recently presented at Square Enix's conference. Featuring new gameplay, new worlds, new outfits and more.   Read More Here
  • Fans of the highly-anticipated title Kingdom Hearts χ unchained for mobile was recently introduced at Square-Enix's conference on June 17th. Interesting gameplay on new secrets, worlds, and characters.  Read More Here
  • With all the excitement leading up to Square-Enix E3, fans around the world are anticipating the release of the new title : Kingdom Hearts III. Will Kingdom Hearts III make a debue this June?   Read More Here
  • What are your thoughts on Sora's new outfit for the latest Kingdom Hearts title : Kingdom Hearts 3? Discover what the controversy is behind this title.  Read More Here
Log inRegister

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you work in retail?

Started by ,
Topic rating:

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1 Do you work in retail? on 2013-02-27, 12:32

Trigger
avatar
Member
I just started working in retail not too long ago, and all I can say is that it's not what I expected it to be. Especially with all the drama, and time consuming it really is. Not to mention that I work for GAP which supposely lets workers who have left come that wants to come back the company automatically accepts them in.

Whats you intake on this? You like or work in retail?

#2 Re: Do you work in retail? on 2013-02-27, 16:08

cyberman
avatar
Member
I absolutely hate retail and GAP policies, I read online that they DO take back their old workers and I fine that strange. What if the person got a record for jail or something even worser, will they still take back the person?

#3 Re: Do you work in retail? on 2013-02-28, 23:35

Balthier
avatar
Member
@cyberman wrote:I absolutely hate retail and GAP policies, I read online that they DO take back their old workers and I fine that strange. What if the person got a record for jail or something even worser, will they still take back the person?

wow :o that's kinda shocking, but i'm not sure how exactly how that plays into roles when it comes to rehiring people. They probably do a background check first for like criminal records and what not.

http://khsite.0forum.biz

#4 Re: Do you work in retail? on 2013-03-01, 11:06

cyberman
avatar
Member
@Balthier wrote:
@cyberman wrote:I absolutely hate retail and GAP policies, I read online that they DO take back their old workers and I fine that strange. What if the person got a record for jail or something even worser, will they still take back the person?

wow :o that's kinda shocking, but i'm not sure how exactly how that plays into roles when it comes to rehiring people. They probably do a background check first for like criminal records and what not.

Probably, but I find it strange that they automatically hire people who worked for the company that decided to leave, but wants to come back gets the automatic hire on spot overtop of other people, I don't think it's fair but hey, it's retail, I absolutely hate retail policies.

#5 Re: Do you work in retail? on 2013-03-01, 14:54

`black
avatar
Admin
@Trigger wrote:I just started working in retail not too long ago, and all I can say is that it's not what I expected it to be. Especially with all the drama,
Don't you think maybe it's the place YOU work at that's giving you an unpleasant experience and not generalizing all retail jobs?


and time consuming it really is. Not to mention that I work for GAP which supposely lets workers who have left come that wants to come back the company automatically accepts them in.

And so?

Whats you intake on this? You like or work in retail?

It's confusing and I love working in retail, I so happen to work in retail now.

http://www.khsite.net

#6 Re: Do you work in retail? on 2013-03-01, 15:05

Across
avatar
Member
I always thought to choose retail over the food industry or bank, I don't feel like dealing with people money, or handling other people's food. I rather just fold clothes, deal with bitchy customers and so on, lol. Never worked in retail but I can imagine how stressful it is dealing with certain situations and the policy "customers are always right" to due their lack of loyal consumers.

#7 Re: Do you work in retail? on 2013-03-09, 07:46

Balthier
avatar
Member
@Across wrote:I always thought to choose retail over the food industry or bank, I don't feel like dealing with people money, or handling other people's food. I rather just fold clothes, deal with bitchy customers and so on, lol.

This ^^^^

I never liked the smell of food, especially smelling it on a 8hr full time shift.

http://khsite.0forum.biz

#8 Re: Do you work in retail? on 2013-03-09, 08:11

Lord Terra
avatar
Member
Retail has become boring now, fast food has never been my niche but I do like desk jobs. /imratherlazytodoshitthatswhyilikethesit.

#9 Re: Do you work in retail? on 2013-03-12, 11:44

Balthier
avatar
Member
@Lord Terra wrote:Retail has become boring now, fast food has never been my niche but I do like desk jobs. /imratherlazytodoshitthatswhyilikethesit.

I think retail has it's limits as far as being fun and whether or not you'll move up within the retail industry at a particular time.

http://khsite.0forum.biz

#10 Re: Do you work in retail? on 2013-03-13, 10:27

Noctis
avatar
Member
I interned at a retail about a year ago, didn't like it, it was too much going on at once and the customers are just too much for me, literally. It's a good thing I quit when I had the chance.

#11 Re: Do you work in retail? on 2013-03-16, 23:34

Lord Terra
avatar
Member
@Balthier wrote:
I think retail has it's limits as far as being fun and whether or not you'll move up within the retail industry at a particular time.

True, but it's a job it shouldn't be fun nor boring when you actually think about it. Kinda sad though, but it should be inspiring nonetheless, if you want to be in fashion industry.

#12 Re: Do you work in retail? on 2013-03-25, 12:49

Noctis
avatar
Member
[quote="Lord Terra"]
@Balthier wrote:
True, but it's a job it shouldn't be fun nor boring when you actually think about it. Kinda sad though, but it should be inspiring nonetheless, if you want to be in fashion industry.

Agreed. But even if that wasn't you're desired place to work at, you still would need to find a decent job to pay your bills and etc.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

 



Order Here