• Discover what's new with the latest unofficial Kingdom Hearts III trailer recently presented at Square Enix's conference. Featuring new gameplay, new worlds, new outfits and more.   Read More Here
  • Fans of the highly-anticipated title Kingdom Hearts χ unchained for mobile was recently introduced at Square-Enix's conference on June 17th. Interesting gameplay on new secrets, worlds, and characters.  Read More Here
  • With all the excitement leading up to Square-Enix E3, fans around the world are anticipating the release of the new title : Kingdom Hearts III. Will Kingdom Hearts III make a debue this June?   Read More Here
  • What are your thoughts on Sora's new outfit for the latest Kingdom Hearts title : Kingdom Hearts 3? Discover what the controversy is behind this title.  Read More Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pop Band - 'I am the best'

Started by ,
Topic rating:

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1 Pop Band - 'I am the best' on 2012-09-25, 03:05

Across

I really would want pop korean music to go mainstream only in english though, the beats are sick ass when it comes to remixes and video auditing.

#2 Re: Pop Band - 'I am the best' on 2012-10-02, 23:35

Trigger
Across wrote:

I really would want pop korean music to go mainstream only in english though, the beats are sick ass when it comes to remixes and video auditing.

Absolutely not? Japanese pop as mainstream? I don't think the ratings will be that high as I hate listening to music I cannot understand and I'm sure lots of other people would agree. It should only be aired on japanese televisions or so, but mainstream? I would laugh you out.

Even if it was in english how exactly or wouldn't it be so more if the singers could speak english first?

#3 Re: Pop Band - 'I am the best' on 2012-10-02, 23:47

L'arc en ciel
Admin
Dude. Biggest. Kpop. Fan. Ever.

I love 2ne1. They've actually been working with people here in the states for a while (Will.I.Am from the black eyed peas) but they haven't debuted yet. Any group from YG enertainment can make it here in the states, since their sound is so westernized. SM and JYP on the other hand have more of a korean pop sound that might not get that much attention here.

PSY is from YG as well (gagnam style) but he's popular just cuz he's cray.

also 2ne1's already got one of their songs in English (Can't Nobody). Korean version is better but i still like it. These girl's are boss imo, especially CL

#4 Re: Pop Band - 'I am the best' on 2012-10-03, 00:06

Trigger
I think 2NE1 and Sistar are some of the more talented girl groups.They can pass but the real question is can they become mainstream? Worldwide?

#5 Re: Pop Band - 'I am the best' on 2012-10-03, 00:17

L'arc en ciel
Admin
Hm, maybe. They already tour Europe, Asia, and the states.
But remember Wonder Girls? They literally got attention for 3 seconds, and they toured everywhere here in the states. I hope that didn't destroy the koreans' hopes......

Oh look, my avatar is relevant :3

#6 Re: Pop Band - 'I am the best' on 2012-10-03, 00:37

Trigger
L'arc en ciel wrote:
But remember Wonder Girls? They literally got attention for 3 seconds, and they toured everywhere here in the states. I hope that didn't destroy the koreans' hopes......

Oh look, my avatar is relevant :3
I have this love/hate relationship with WG... I love Wonder Girls, but... some of their "old songs" that I remembered aren't the ones they are putting out today. It's literally fabricated, like some of their video concept.

I hope they get back to their old spirit. They sorta crushed the koreans hope after all the english songs they've put out.

Last edited by Trigger on 2012-10-03, 00:41; edited 1 time in total

#7 Re: Pop Band - 'I am the best' on 2012-10-05, 20:12

L'arc en ciel
Admin
I can't say WG was ever a favorite of mine... in fact, I'm not really into any girl groups except for 2ne1 and miss A (and Secret, sort of). I used to like f(x) when they came out with Nu Abo, but they've gotten progressively worse imo.

Most "new" girl groups these days are all the same boring thing over and over again. Some guy groups are too I guess, and there's definitely that generic stereotype where everyone's either overly cute or 'wanna-be-sexy' if you know what I mean.

On the other hand, groups like Big Bang, 2pm, 2ne1, Shinee, BAP, Exo-K, Block B, hell even SuJu all have a definitive vibe that other bands can only copy at this point...

#8 Re: Pop Band - 'I am the best' on 2012-10-07, 19:38

`black
Admin
Also a lot of people don't know that lady gaga got most of her ideas from the Japanese and asian artists. So tbh, I think they do deserve more recognition that what they have been given, although I'm not a fan of japanese music so, meh.

http://www.khsite.net

#9 Re: Pop Band - 'I am the best' on 2012-10-08, 20:28

L'arc en ciel
Admin
Well, there's certainly a difference between mainstream J-pop and K-pop. Kpop is more westernized for sure, like I said before, and Jpop definitely has its own flavor that sets it apart from most other types of music completely.

I can see both getting recognized for their own reasons. But not all Americans have this "language tolerance". We have seem to grown a "weird tolerance" with Gagnam style though, for sure.

Also, Kpop has had a lot of international auditions going on. Maybe if an American ever gets chosen they can link back to the USA? then BAM korean debut.

#10 Re: Pop Band - 'I am the best' on 2012-10-17, 13:08

Across
Salmón wrote:Also a lot of people don't know that lady gaga got most of her ideas from the Japanese and asian artists. So tbh, I think they do deserve more recognition that what they have been given, although I'm not a fan of japanese music so, meh.

Well she got some of her techniques from Pop korean but not all of her athetisics are korean based.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Order Here